An eBook is a book that one can read on an electronic device, be it a Kindle or a smartphone; it can be accessed on any electronic device with a screen.
It’s exactly like a physical book, just with many more advantages. In most cases, eBooks are cheaper than physical ones for obvious reasons, and the best part is you can even print them if you want to after making the payment and downloading the file.
However, we don’t feel you would want to go to back to buying physical copies after you get to know some of the advantages of eBooks.
Here are five advantages of eBooks
- Instant delivery – eBooks can be downloaded anywhere at any time, provided you have an internet connection. Feeling lazy and can’t seem to get yourself out of bed? No worries. Thanks to portals like Amazon, you can download an eBook without leaving your comfy bed.
- Lack of storage issues – If you’re a bibliophile, you’d know the struggle for storage is real. EBooks take up no physical space, and you can download hundreds of them on your device.
- Portability – Physical books are hard to carry around. However, you can carry hundreds of eBooks with you, on your device since they are weightless. All you need to care about is charging your device from time to time.
- Searchability – It takes ages to search for a word or sentence in a book, but on an eBook, you can look up for anything, and the results will be in front of you within seconds. Turning pages after pages can be arduous for anyone, so this searchability is one of the most significant advantages of an eBook.
- Resizable font – Font on an eBook is resizable and can be adjusted as per your convenience. Font size is one of the biggest issues people face with physical books.
- Choice – By joining the eBook movement, you get access to a virtually unlimited amount of titles to read: be those international best sellers, niche books, or even all those lesser-known titles that are now able to reach the masses thanks to the self publishing platforms that can make creating a book a simple, painless, and inexpensive process.
So, these are some of the advantages of an eBook, and we can see definitely why more and more bibliophiles are switching to eBooks now.